MonashHeart offers an unparalleled clinical cardiology service to the south east of Melbourne indeed the state of Victoria. We have the unique opportunity of providing care to patients of all ages; from foetal life, through to older patients with cardiovascular disease. Our broad service manages a diverse spectrum of cardiac conditions including coronary artery disease, complex congenital heart disease and valvular/structural heart disease.
The diverse nature of our service can be challenging, however also hugely rewarding. As we are part of a tertiary teaching hospital network – Monash Health, we pride ourselves on being leaders in medical education and training and being at the forefront of innovative cardiovascular research.
Each year MonashHeart offers the following training positions:
- Six medical HMO positions rotating through both our cardiac care units – application via the Monash Health Medical Workforce Unit.
- Four RACP accredited cardiology advanced training registrar positions – applications accepted via the centralised applications process of the Royal Australasian College of Physicians. These four positions include rotations every three to four weeks: Clayton red team ward service, Clayton white team ward server, Dandenong ward service, cardiac catheterisation laboratories and diagnostic services.
- One non accredited cardiology/general medical registrar position. Six month position with MonashHeart – application via the Monash Health Medical workforce unit.
- Fellowship training positions – applications open mid year via e-recruit (our online recruitment portal)
- Two paediatric cardiology fellowships of one year duration.
- Two cardiac rhythm management (electrophysiology) fellowships of up to two years duration.
- Four interventional cardiology fellowships of one to two years duration.
- Three non invasive imaging fellowships of one year duration (echocardiogram and cardiac CT).
- PhD and MD positions.
Education, training and research
There are opportunities for learning each and every day at MonashHeart. Ongoing medical education is a high priority and in addition to bedside learning, there are numerous formal education sessions held each week. This includes:
- small group echocardiography tutorials Monday mornings
- the current concepts in cardiology forum on Tuesday
- non invasive imaging sessions on Wednesday incorporating both cardiac CT and echocardiography
- interventional cardiology forum on Thursday
- formal registrar teaching program every Friday morning
Every MonashHeart senior medical staff member has made a commitment to the ongoing teaching and sharing of knowledge with undergraduate students and trainee cardiologists. In addition, MonashHeart is committed to the ongoing education of nursing, technological, allied health and paramedical staff.
Research is both actively encouraged and supported at MonashHeart. The Monash Cardiovascular Research Centre provides personnel and resources to support research activities for the entire MonashHeart service. Furthermore, all MonashHeart service heads are published authors and all have first-hand experience and are willing to assist with abstract development, case reports and manuscript publication.
Please refer to each individual position description provided via the links above for specific candidate prerequisites for each position.
General enquiries to:
Mr John Koutsoubos
Phone: +61 3 9594 7855
Fax: +61 3 9594 6239
Mail: MonashHeart, Monash Medical Centre, 246 Clayton Road, Clayton 3168
Applications to the relevant service head as per the position description and advertisement.
To search for current unique medical position vacancies across MonashHeart and apply online, job search now.