MonashHeart is the largest provider of inpatient cardiac services in Victoria, admitting over 7,200 patients with acute heart conditions each year. We are staffed by an experienced team of medical, nursing and allied health professionals, most of whom have undertaken further sub-specialty cardiac training. Advanced cardiac care is provided 24/7 for emergency, emergent and elective patients.
- Inpatient cardiac services are provided across two Monash Health sites including:
- Monash Medical Centre, Clayton
21 bed cardiac care unit: eight acute beds and 13 step-down beds
32 South combined cardiology and cardiothoracic unit: 24 bed unit featuring a six bed high dependency cardiac unit
- Dandenong Hospital, Dandenong
16 bed cardiac care unit: ten acute beds and six step-down beds
- Jessie McPherson Private Hospital, Clayton
26 bed cardiac care unit: featuring an eight bed high dependency cardiac unit.
- Patients can be referred via the emergency department of Monash Medical Centre, Clayton, Dandenong Hospital or Casey Hospital for admission to our cardiac care units for ongoing care.
- Private patients will be admitted via the emergency department of Monash Medical Centre, Clayton and managed in Jessie McPherson Private Hospital, co-located with Monash Medical Centre, Clayton. They will have full access to all of MonashHeart’s diagnostic and interventional facilities and services.
- Patients with acute chest pain or unstable symptoms should be urgently transferred to hospital by MICA ambulance, calling 000. Patients experiencing an acute ST elevation myocardial infarction should be transported immediately via MICA ambulance direct to MonashHeart Clayton for emergency coronary angioplasty.
- Patient management advice can be obtained from MonashHeart via Monash Medical Centre, Clayton switchboard (03) 9594 6666:
- Private patients via the consultant cardiologist on ward service
- MonashHeart referrals registrar on-call.
- There is an active clinical trial and translational research program within MonashHeart which is constantly expanding.