The Monash Cardiovascular Research Centre (MCRC) is a self-funding, independent research group within the Faculty of Medicine, Nursing and Health Sciences at Monash University (through the Southern Clinical School and Departments of Medicine and Surgery, Monash Medical Centre).
MCRC mission statement
To be an internationally recognised centre for cardiovascular clinical research and clinical research training and to partner MonashHeart in being recognised as a leading hub of cardiological excellence worldwide.
To achieve our mission MCRC will:
- provide an unparalleled clinical research environment
- enhance and develop the work of established clinical investigators
- foster excellence in clinical research training for investigators
- provide an infrastructure to attract external funding
We benchmark our progress against stated outcome measures including:
- publications in high-impact peer-reviewed journals
- attraction of high quality clinical fellows for advanced training
- participation in national advisory panels and guideline committees
- participation and leadership in international multicentre clinical trials
- invitations to participate at national and international scientific sessions
- attraction of external funds, both peer-reviewed and industry sources