- Over 63 public inpatient beds across two sites
- Three cardiac catheterisation laboratories treating the greatest number of STEMI’s in Victoria
- Close to 17,000 echocardiograms performed each year
- One of the busiest cardiac CT (computed tomography) services in the world
- A diversity of patient conditions from coronary artery disease to congenital heart disease
All of the above are reasons why MonashHeart provides outstanding cardiological working and learning challenges every day. Our cardiac patients range in age from foetal life to aged patients. Everyday brings a new experience to draw on your cardiological knowledge, develop your cardiac skills and grow your professional experience.
With close links to eminent universities including Monash University and Deakin University, a proactive teaching and education program with structured learning sessions five days per week and leading PhD/MD programs, there are great opportunities to develop your cardiac career with MonashHeart.
We are a key centre of excellence, not only in Monash Health, but also nationally and internationally. Over the past 20 years MonashHeart has pioneered many advanced cardiac catheterisation laboratory procedures to improve patient outcomes in Melbourne, Victoria, Australia. Each year we are invited to transmit live cases from our cardiac catheterisation laboratories via satellite to the most prestigious cardiology conferences in Europe, America and Asia. We are an internationally and nationally recognised leader in cardiovascular research, undertaking ‘first-in-human’ clinical studies and world-class research.
‘Our staff are the heart of our service’
Being part of Monash Health, MonashHeart employees enjoy the benefits of working in Victoria’s largest health service such as:
- car parking
- employee assistance program
- onsite gymnasium
- professional development program
- salary packaging
- smoke free workplace