MonashHeart uniquely offers comprehensive cardiology services to patients from foetal life and throughout childhood to the age of 18, and treatment of adult patients with congenital heart disease.
- transthoracic and transoesophageal echocardiography
- cardiac rhythm management services (electrophysiology and ablation and implantation of pacemakers and implantable cardiac defibrillators to children weighing more than 30 kilograms)
- limited interventional procedures
- state-of-the art cardiac CT services
- foetal echocardiography
- cardiac surgery services (provided by the cardiothoracic unit) to adolescents and adults with congenital heart disease.
A referral is required for all outpatient non invasive investigations such as an exercise stress test, cardiac CT and echocardiogram. Echocardiogram referrals are not accepted from GPs and are only accepted from a paediatric cardiologist.
Outpatient consultation is provided at:
- Monash Children’s Clayton T: (03) 9594 4175 F: (03) 9594 6061
- MonashHeart Casey T: (03) 8768 1826 F: (03) 8768 1989
- MonashHeart Suite D (paediatric murmur clinic, general cardiology clinic, adolescent & adult congenital heart disease clinic) T: (03) 9594 2463 F: (03) 9594 6017
Referrals are accepted from GPs, paediatricians and specialists.
All patients are billed and rebated through Medicare. There is an out-of-pocket cost for consultation and details are included on the appointment letter. Bookings can be made by faxing the referral to 03 9554 8548, scan and email or hand delivery.
Outpatient tests are provided at:
- MonashHeart Clayton (cardiac CT, echocardiography, exercise stress testing, 12 lead ECG, Holter and blood pressure monitoring, 12 lead ECG)
- MonashHeart Dandenong (echocardiography, Holter and blood pressure monitoring)
- MonashHeart Casey (echocardiography, Holter and blood pressure monitoring)
A referral from a paediatric cardiologist is required for echocardiograms, exercise stress tests and cardiac CT. A GP or specialist referral is accepted for Holter monitors and blood pressure monitors.
All tests except blood pressure monitor are bulk billed. As there is no item number for blood pressure monitor ($60) fee charged.
You can find detailed information about each test and procedure in our test & procedures page.
Inpatient care is provided at:
- Monash Children’s Hospital Newborn Intensive Care and Special Care Nurseries
- Monash Children’s Hospital paediatric wards
- Monash Children’s Hospital Cancer Centre
- Cardiac Care Unit, Monash Medical Centre Clayton
- Monash Children’s Hospital Paediatric Intensive Care Unit
- Jessie McPherson Private Hospital, Clayton